Saturday, May 3, 2008

Kenny or Kain???

For years, Ash and I have wanted to see the one and only, Kenny Chesney, in concert and our chance came this year. Kenny was bringing his "Poets & Pirates" to the Ford Center! Friday, May, 2, 2008...here we come!!! (Or...so, we thought) We purchased our tickets, along with our mother and aunt, Cindy, and were counting down the days...but like always, life had other plans. What plans you ask? Kain's plans...Kain needs his momma to be on bed rest and that meant no Kenny...no dancing, no singing, no making fun of other concert attendees...Ash had to make the choice..."Kenny or Kain?"

And...Kain won. I'm sure he is pleased with himself...exerting his importance already.

However, the rest of his family...(GRAMMY included...I can't wait to share this information with Kain, by the way) chose KENNY!!! And we are GLAD we did!!!








Oh yea, Leann Rimes was performing as well, but really, who is she anyway??

Just to keep Ash in the "Kenny" spirit...he sang this song just for her, and here is a little piece of the magic she missed last night...direct from Kenny...
"No shoes, no shirt, no problems
Blues what blues hey i forgot them
The sun and the sand and a drink in my hand with no bottom
and no shoes, no shirt, and no problems"

For those of you who care about Kain more than Kenny (all ONE of you), here is what is going on at the moment...Ash was again sent home...her liquid seems to have increased to 7 cm and Kain is safe and sound at home. She is still encouraged to listen to his hear rate and take precaution. There is a doctor's appointment scheduled for Monday and again, we take things one day at a time.

Again, with our love and appreciation of Kenny, I leave you with this from Kenny...

No Small Miracle

In a little town down south , There's a little clapboard house, With a wolf outside the door. In the bedroom there's a light, That's been staying on all night , For at least a month or more. The heartaches and the bills keep coming due, And with all they're going through....

It's no small miracle that love hangs on. Hearts get weary when hope is gone. In a world where roses wither and die, It's no small miracle when love survives.

It's been uphill for a while, But he still makes her smile, Every now and then. Lately they've been findin' out, It's the little things that count, And they do what they can. He tells her he loves her everyday, She says things will be okay.

It's no small miracle that love hangs on. Hearts get weary when hope is gone. In a world where roses wither and die, It's no small miracle when love survives.

In a world where roses wither and die, It's no small miracle when love survives.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Ooooo...I love me some Kenny Chesney!! I'm even kind of crazy about his farmer's tan!!! I am glad you guys had a great time, I'm not jealous at all!!!! :( Even though I love Kenny, Kain comes first in my book at all times!!! Keep up the posts, make sure you post on Monday after the appointment! Great job!

Stacy said...

Thank you again for keeping us posted on Ashley and Kain's progress. I would have to pic Kain Too! But I am glad you guys had a good time he does put on a good concert!
But Ashley if you are reading this we have tickets for when he comes in September and if Jeff has something he has to do (like fish) McKenna and I will be calling you to go with us! Will check back Monday on update at the Doctor! PS my kids haven't stop talking about Ms.Pearl!

Unknown said...

I wish I could have gone!

With the great quality of pics we all feel like we were there!!!;) I am anxious to her about Ash and Kain tomorrow. Great posting!!